GGCC’s 12th Christmas night out………12 years old and 12 degrees in Bacchus!
Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate 2023 and hear the plans for 2024……..its you the members that make this club what it is and here's to many, many more years of riding bikes and having adventures with pals!
Congratulations to each and everyone of you for your continued support for your club and below are the winners of the awards this year……
2024 – plans and ideas……
· I think this year has been ‘quieter’ in terms of STUFF but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been riding, having adventures and still being the best club around
· Its allowed us to have a think and a re-set to bring back what I can guarantee will be the best year yet in 2024…….
· Club membership……..it opens in December and we really want it finalised by end of January
· Membership cost remains at £20 – payment details to follow
· Club swag continues and we will arrange orders for whatever you want in January that includes – Club Kit, branded bags and buffs, mugs, ass savers and mudguards, pin badges, casual t-shirts, race specific skin suits, big bobble hats and of course BIDONS!
· APR’s x 3 during the year
· Zwift continues to go from strength to strength and we will maintain our weekly rides
· We will pick a charity this year to support. We supported MacMillan Nurses this year and gave over £1190 and we also supported Crohn’s and Colitis charity and we raised £935 for them
· Tommy Tonnes throughout the year and also look out for some Saturday ‘big rides’ like the Argyle 312 and The Dobbo 250
Club Championship – new and improved but open to ideas and suggestions but we WILL be crowning a male and female 2024 champion this time next year!
· Initial idea is to have 2 x race weekend similar to the Rothsay weekender so 2 days and multiple events but have 2 weekends
· First of the year will be The John Brown Memorial where we will have a cup that gets engraved each year with the winners and that is also the first championship weekend.
· We will have a second weekend later in the year and idea is to have a hill climb, time trial, APR or road race, maybe a 2-up TT…maybe even some kind of CX / gravel event
· BUT I can promise after the 1 year break it will be back and better than ever and again that’s my commitment to you as members!
What will continue is friendships, adventures, relationships,…..and riding bikes with mates, having fun………SO....heres to 2024 and beyond and 2024 will be the best yet....that I can guarantee.
May GGCC continue for many more years and from me…..